Christmas Village

Christmas Village

Friday 29 December 2017

Four Calling Birds

The Four Calling Birds were one of the first to be planned (the Partridge in a Pear Tree was the first). Back in June, as I was starting chemo, I stayed with my sister for the weekend and we discussed the decorations in the light of the me having less energy over the coming months.

My sister had a pattern for fabric birds and thought it could be adapted without too much difficulty.  We then had a happy time going through fabric and beads.


The location, against the patio doors into the conservatory/craft room, doesn't make for a good photo.

Each bird's body is made from three different fabrics and the beak and wings are of net.  They are suspended from the curtain rail at different heights using beaded cords.

No comments:

Post a Comment