Christmas Village

Christmas Village

Saturday 6 December 2014

Cards and Trees

Christmas cards are starting to arrive with every postal delivery, which means that I need to get mine ready to post.

I refer, in my introduction to this blog, to complications and one of my complications is that I'm somewhat prone to fatigue.  The fatigue has caught up with me this weekend, so I had a rather slow start to the day.  After that I did settle down to a session of card writing.

It is the weekend of the local Christmas Tree Festival and craft market so I went along this afternoon.  the trees are set up in the parish church and visitors are being asked to vote for their favourite.  There are some good ones with a mix of traditional, modern and innovative and a few particularly caught my eye.  The Beer Festival have a tree decorated with bottle tops and beer mats, the WI have a traditional looking tree.

The Brownies' tree includes some pudding decorations:



and the Retirement Group's tree has some lovely work on display:



My decision was a difficult choice between the Junior School's Advent tree of decorated biscuits:



and the Floral Society's tree of 1914-18 cards and event memorabilia:




Wandering round the trees and market has made me feel that the season really has started.

No comments:

Post a Comment